Friday, September 10, 2010

Be still my beating heart!

Seeing those radiant flames warms my soul
and I value that for comfort as much as for heat.


































This stove is an Alderlea.  Do you like our saw blade heat barrier?  AJ's idea.
Our hearth is "temporary", which means we have good intentions for making something else that will
hold up the stove long-term.  We figured that once it was in it wouldn't be easy to adjust.
We wanted to try out the angle before a final commitment.
You know how the story goes though...
now that it's in, we might enjoy it this way for a looooong time!
I feel very spoiled :-)

In case you don't remember the monstrosity that was in residence before Alderlea,
let me refresh your memory:























In its defense, it was the easiest thing in the world to build a fire in
- a couple logs and a piece of paper (no kidding!), but the upside to its removal is that
hopefully it will find its true calling under the house as our boiler.

I plan to enjoy it more there ;-)

8 comments:

Jess said...

Oh lovely!! Perhaps I can pop over and we can sit in front of it with a cuppa? I miss you to bits, not enough hours in the day at the moment.

Momma Bug said...

Chuckle! Yes I know. I'd just love that though, or when I come I'll bring lemons for the ice tea:-)
I'm thinking of you dear far-away friend!
Love

Grace McHugh said...

I think I may have to sit in front of your blog picture with a hot cup of tea!! Love the broad piece of glass in front that allows you to enjoy the beauty of warmth. Ahhh............and we LOVE the saw blade. It so adds to the stove.

Momma Bug said...

Well take what you can get I guess ;-)
And thank you from AJ. He will be tickled to know you enjoyed the saw blade.
Now... more pictures of YOUR ranch please!

The Zimmerman Family said...

So neat! I love it that you can see the fire! The one we had had a solid door, so no fire-gazing! It looks very warm and inviting!

Photo Momma said...

I love it! Your home is looking beautiful.

RavenM said...

Yay! :) Our "hearth" is a "temporary" set up too, lol! It was a "well, it's really cold and we don't want to take time to build out hearth right now...we'll build it next summer..." or, the one after that, or... ;-)

Diane said...

Hey friend. I hope I can one day enjoy a good book sitting in front of that fire - that is after a nice conversation with you in front of it first! How nice. So glad the home continues to come along!
Loving you,
Me