...Lip Balm, that is!
Emma and I are tag-teaming our posts, so if you want some more of the scoop, you'll have to go to her blog:-)
We made lip balm in my usual half-hazard style: no exact recipe.
However, it turned out great!
Besides that, we bought these cute little tins to put it in and made labels to boot!
Emma put her labels on the lids of her half of the batch, and I put mine on the bottoms.
You can see here what I put on the lids of my half! (I love it!)
We used one part beeswax to roughly three parts coconut oil, then added peppermint essential oil.
In some batches we tried adding honey, but it wanted to separate, so wasn't the best outcome.
In a few batches, we added cocoa powder and it was an agreed success!!
I have to tell you that this is the first lip balm that has stayed moist on my lips without making them peel! I don't know if it's normal to peel, but I'd resigned myself to being a strange anomaly.
It's nice to have something that works, feels good, and looks nice.
We didn't mass produce this time, but after having it turn out so well we're inspired to make more!
Note: we called it "Sisters" just in case a couple or three other's want to join us in our ventures (hint-hint!)
For more pictures, see Emma's post here,
and just wait girls...
we're bringing it home to share!!
3 years ago