Friday, July 10, 2009

End of the Day Musings

More of YOU Lord, less of me.
All I have is today. Now. Not yesterday, not tomorrow, not next month or year. Just today.
I am dead to sin and alive in Christ Jesus because I was buried with Him through baptism and resurrected a new creature! Praise YOU Lord!!!
Through all my aches, through all my emotions, through all my defeats you are here. The power of your Holy Spirit is mine to call upon, and victories (both small and great) are mine because of what Jesus did on the cross.
Help me to remember that in the chaotic moments. The still moments aren't so difficult to focus upon you, but the noise and clamor... I let them distract me. Call to me louder than the busyness calls me Lord!
I love you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


















All is well on the home front. Progress clips along at the usual rate: sometimes fast and furious and other times frustratingly slow. Somehow there are always dishes. Always meals. Always hands to be washed, and dirty socks to pick up. I should be thankful for that I know.
I know it affects AJ too, because last night I heard him talking in his sleep "Susanna, Clayton, you know not to wear your shoes into the house! Look at the bottom of them - they're muddy! Go back outside."
That did not sound like restful sleep to me! ;-P

This evening as I was moving Olivia's neatly folded pair of worn overalls to another location, I kept hearing clinking sounds. "surely not..." I hoped silently, but upon closer inspection, sure enough. "Are your pockets full of rocks?" I asked, and she promptly grinned and squealed "Yeah!" (as in "but of course, mother dearest!")
Emptying the contents over the edge of the porch rail I commented to my husband below "I know I should be able to see the humor in this."

"I think that's one of those things people say we'll laugh about later"
he replied wisely and without expecting me to laugh at that moment.
According to my friend Carri in KY, if you're going to laugh later you might as well laugh now. I will try to implement that better in the future. For this evening I felt I was doing well to keep cool. I needed one more chore.
What a whiner!
Does any of this explain some of the thoughts expressed above? A thankful heart, a grateful heart... I serve HIM, and should do it without expecting recognition or thanks. More of Jesus.
More of JESUS! Less of ME. me. me. me.
If the Lord gives me breath tomorrow, I will be grateful for another chance to serve Him.

He is good.

4 comments:

RavenM said...

Sweet Analene! What a blessing you are with your upbeat attitude and focus on Him!

As I read the first paragraph I thought "Analene has been having a rough day" LOL, I know that sound... "I belong to HIM!!! In spite of all the AAAAuuuurrrggggh's I WILL be thankful" lol

Love you :)

RavenM said...

P.S. Looks like you had a fun redneck fourth, :D

2homeschool said...

Oh, deary. I know the feeling. I have been sick for days now. Really sick. My husband has been home taking care of me/kids for four days.

He goes back to work tomorrow. I pray I will be able to do my job while he is gone. Today has enough worries of it's own.

For today, I am greatful for each breath I seem to struggle in.

~H

heidi said...

I needed to read this this morning. A close friend's baby was born still on the 11th and it has been hard on our hearts. She, Chloe, was perfect! Born at 23 weeks. Anyhow, coming to read your words was like coming up for much needed air.

Thank you! God Bless!
Heidi