Thursday, January 17, 2013

Friendly Fowl

I didn't mean to succumb to the owl craze that is sweeping
decor, household goods, and clothing...
but when I saw this cookie jar winking down at me from a high shelf
in the thrift store, I knew I had to take him home with me!

Besides... if I didn't, someone else would have.





























I hadn't met a winking owl yet, and the mellow blue and white of his
porcelain plumage was gentle on my eyes - unlike some of the brown
and orange versions of this nocturnal fowl I've come across.

Originally I thought I'd snag my five dollar sweetie for the first
person I could think of who collected such things,

and then he landed on my mantle.

I doubt if  Mr. Owl is going to stay perched over the fire place,
but he and I are growing fonder of each other every day.

What can you do about the charms of a critter who winks at you
every time you glance his way?

Maybe a home in the kitchen.
By the coffee and tea?
Maybe on a bedroom shelf...

I think he may be here to stay.
I can't help it!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you should keep the owl.He is very cute and Im sure he looks good in your home!

Sally said...

He is a cheerful little fellow...I am having an unwanted day in bed and your new blue addition made me smile. Hugs!