Wednesday, May 22, 2013

This Day

This day we expected rain
and got something else instead.
























This day I let them stay in pajamas.


This day I left them to their game of Monopoly uninterrupted, 
as 4 of them played together plotting thickly, laughing, 
and enjoying the warmth on the rug in front of the fire.

This day we drank tea.

With spoons.



This day we read at the kitchen table, 
watching white flakes the size of quarters fall heavy and wet from the sky.

This day I relaxed.  Let myself be fun.  Have fun.

With them.








This day I allowed bare feet.

In the snow.


This day we ate banana chocolate chip muffins hot from the oven - heavy on the chocolate.
And ate sandwiches for dinner.

This day we dumped all the game tiles out on the floor and made our own game.

This day the comic books came down off the shelf and I heard lots of snickering.

This day found scissors and fabric to make a colorful bunting.  
And two sweet middle sisters to help cut.

This day we watched cartoons before bed.
Just because.

This day there was a visit from a Hummingbird. 
He said today's weather isn't usual for end of May
and that our neighbor will have to plant his Peas all over again.

He said Thanks for the refilling the bird feeders with nectar
 (which Bryce calls Honey, and Clay calls Sugar Water) 
and told me not to worry - Spring is on the way.


This day was unusual in some ways, but pretty special.

I would like more days like this.






6 comments:

Cinnamon said...

What a lovely day Momma Bug ♥

Wouldn't it be nice if everyday could be THAT wonderful and someone else would come clean up the puddles by the door that wet boots bring and wash the towels that are used to soak up the water - haha! :-)

Love the last glimpse of snow. Soo beautiful.

My feet got cold just looking at Bryce with his bare feet in the cold snow - brrrr~

Hope today is just as wonderful in its own special way ♥

hugs~ Cinnamon
p.s Yes Rocco is very inspiring. Great recipes ;-)

Photo Momma said...

Love it! You are blessed.

RavenM said...

:)

PUPPPsMom said...

Snow!!! Beautiful Idaho snow!! What a treat! I think it'd be fun to have a couple days of snow like that in the middle of every summer. That is the lover of variety in me talking. :)

I'm so glad to hear you had a day full of all sorts of fun. :) such a gift. For you and your kiddos!

I'm super impressed by the hummingbird picture! That's one tricky creature to capture!

Unknown said...

Looks like the perfect day. Many of which we've had and will have. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy said...

I'm sure you are glad to be home!