Wednesday, April 14, 2010

To: Marvel Hill, Far North Idaho


 Dear Marvel Hill, 

We are on our way!
I hope you are starting to show signs of Spring, but not too much.  
I want to arrive in plenty of time to plant a garden, 
and to see the Fern unfurl.  
I'm also very curious if the Roses and Hydrangeas we planted took root and if they have, 
are they still upright?  
Or have they been obliterated by the new driveway going in.  
I know what tractor work does to a beautiful yard.  
Hmph.  

Did I hear correctly that my sink is plumbed in?  
What else is new?  I can't wait to see it all - every little bit!

Anyway dear Marvel, be patient.  
We're loading up and fueling the van as I write.  
Everyone is itching to head North, 
and there is much talk of what tree and fort, and garden seeds will be priorities.  

Much love to you!
Love,
Me

8 comments:

Morgan said...

Have a great trip!

That painting is seriously amazing! It makes me want to name my house and hire you to paint one for us! :)

Holly Days Closet said...

I don't even live there and I can hardly wait. I'm dieing to see how things have changed. I know it will be wonderful for you to get home.
Holly

RavenM said...

So exciting to be heading home. Didn't get your email til noon today. Have a wonderful journey, hopefully I saw you on the way ;)

Grace McHugh said...

Oh I understand you wanting to see the changes but also for it to wait for you. What anticipation!

The Zimmerman Family said...

Hello!!! I know I'm not commenting on the right post, but I don't have time to go back and find the ones on eczema. : ) I commented on that post at the time, but since then I've found a few things that have worked wonderfully!

My 17-month-old has had pretty bad eczema on his back. One spot, especially, was oozing and bleeding and just being nasty. I asked at our health food store what they recommended. Emu oil for the dry spots, and Silver Shield Cosmetic Gel for the oozing spots. And a probiotic, of course. The emu oil has completely cleared up the dry spots, and the Silver Shield has really, really helped the oozing spots. I haven't started on the probiotic yet, but I've been using the oil and gel for a few weeks. I put it on him morning and night, and whenever he gets especially itchy during the day.

Anyways, I know you've heard so much input from so many different people, and that you couldn't possibly try everything, but I thought I'd share it anyway. :D

Oh, and also, we just started up a blog at www.zimmermanfamilyalaska.blogspot.com! We'd love to see you over there! : )

~Lauren Zimmerman

Brenda said...

I know you must be very excited! I have been preparing my garden for final planting this Saturday. It is hard work but you are lucky to have lots of little hands to help.
Enjoy! Oh, and I love the painting! You are very talented.

2homeschool said...

So, did you make it safe and sound yet deary? I hope you had a plesent trip, with not to much bad weather.

Love you lots,
Heather

PUPPPsMom said...

Woohoo! Welcome back to Idaho, friend!