Wednesday, June 4, 2008

For My Friend...

Psalm 143
1) "Hear my prayer,O Lord, give ear to my supplications: in thy faithfulness answer me, and in thy righteousness.

2) And enter not into judgment with thy servant: for in thy sight shall no man living be justified.

3) For the enemy hath persecuted my soul; he hath smitten my life down to the ground; he hath made me to dwell in darkness, as those that have been long dead.

4) Therefore is my spirit overwhelmed within me; my heart within me is desolate.

5) I remember the days of old; I meditate on all thy works; I muse on the work of thy hands.

6) I stretch forth my hands unto thee: my soul thirsteth after thee, as a thirsty land. Se'-lah.

7) Hear me speedily, O Lord: my spirit faileth: hide not thy face from me, lest I be like unto them that go down into the pit.

8) Cause me to hear thy loving kindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherin I should walk: for I lift up my soul unto thee.

9) Deliver me, O Lord, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me.

10) Teach me to do thy will: for thou art my God: thy spirit is good: lead me into the land of uprightness."

http://photobucket.com/albums/s38/artyprofiles/comments/friendship/1/CS_Lewis_Friendship_Quote.gif

I love you dear friend.
My prayers will be with you all through the days ahead.

2 comments:

2homeschool said...

Good news is hubby called in sick for tomorrow, I am 'in bed' for the last 24hours. I wont go into details, bad news is he can't call in sick for a month... I have no idea how we are going to get through this.

Thank you. I wish you were here,...Not that I WANT to give it to you, but it would be nice to have a shoulder to cry on. I love you, I will see if I can call. Hopefully it's not to late, is there a time differance?

~H

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Thank you for these verses Analene. David knew suffering too, didn't he. It's funny - the psalms didn't make much sense to me when I was little, but as life's troubles show up it's becoming so clear why God included them in the Bible. My prayers are for our friend too.
-Faith