Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Moving Onward

Time for me to pack up the Gypsy wagon.
That means wash and fold laundry; search every nook and cranny of Gramsie's house for stray socks Lego's and toys; repack our clothes, books, and toiletries; wash bedding; de-catostro-fy (trust me, that IS a word.) Gramsie's house a bit.
All these amongst other things (such as blogging and quilting) while I breath deeply and remind myself "it will all get done... it will all get done" (or not, as AJ is quick to remind me. But we'll leave anyway!)

Last week I finished the quilt I pieced for Zack two years ago. He is just thrilled to have it finally!
































As soon as that was wrapped up, I started on Clayton's quilt which he's been anticipating these last two years while waiting for me to complete his brothers. He's been very patient and I desperately wanted to NOT take years making this one!!
If you can believe it, I am at the quilting stage (sewing the back, batting, and front all together) and stand a fair chance of achieving my goal. Blog post tonight will have to be short:-)

So onward and upward!
Here we come Idaho and beautiful Marvel Hill!!!

11 comments:

Mama K. said...

We'll miss having you so close sis! McKenna has been having a ball seeing her cousins and getting some fun play time with them. She's been asking when she gets to play with them again and I don't have the heart to tell her that it'll probably be a LONG time from now. :(
I've been enjoying the little b-day treats you gave me and McKenna's dress fits perfectly! Thanks again.
Happy packing!
Love you!

Shauna said...

Beautiful quilt, 'Lene! (Just don't tell Zachary I said so). Way to go on Clayton's! I'll be praying for you as you travel.

PUPPPsMom said...

Oh my, I very much relate to the first half of your blog!!! Our house is nearly empty. We packed nearly all our possessions in the bus! (believe it or not!) And we're just taking the bare minimum (which fills up Jon's big blue truck AND our car) to my Grandpa's. OH MY! We thought we'd be out on Monday...what day is it now? ...where am I? Just kidding. Sort of. I was convinced it was Tuesday a few hours ago. Anyway, two days of packing and moving later, we're finally leaving in the morning! I sure hope there's a visit with you coming in the near future! :)

Oh and BEAUTIFUL quilts!

Diane said...

Sad for me, but happy for you! I am praying for you as you make your way onward! It has been a pleasure spending time with you over the last few months. Thanks so much for your encouragement, and friendship. I love you Analene! Maybe, just maybe, I will be able to come visit at some point!

J said...

Lots of preparations in getting ready to go! How fun to be getting ready to head to Idaho, though. We will be thinking of you and praying for you. Beautiful quilt, what a special keepsake from his momma. Good job on accomplishing a goal, even if it takes a little longer than you planned. :) Love to you all.

Morgan said...

That is an amazing quilt. You did such a great job! I can't wait to see the next one! I'd love to learn to quilt someday.

Andi said...

Beautiful quilt! You always were so very talented. Do you still draw the sweetest pictures ever? I still have the ones of Jonathan and all my girls you did. I love them! I'm sorry we were never able to get together while you were out here. I'm not very good at staying on top of things. But we'll for sure see you next time you're out our way!

2homeschool said...

I'm bummed. Does this mean no bowling? :-(

The blanket is fabulous! Behond creative. I love it!

I hope packing is going well. I'll try to call a little later this evening.

:-)

~Heather

Mother Hen said...

Yes, it is a lovely quilt. I've been waiting to see if I missed something. I can't for the life of me figure out why y'all are always moving/traveling. id I miss the explanation? Or is it a secret? Are you, in fact, Gypsies? We are the staying put kind, it makes me tired to think of all the "traveling with small children and while pregnant" that you do.

RavenM said...

Beautiful quilt Analene!!! I love it :)

Hurrah for Idaho :) I bet you can't wait to see your home again.

Happy packing! :-P
(I HATE packing, for anything...)

2homeschool said...

Hey, sorry I didn't call you. I ended up in the doctors office with Anna. Then three hours with differant pharmacies, (while carting all the kids with me) just to go home without the meds.

I hope your day was WAY better then mine!

Love,

~Heather