Wednesday, June 17, 2009

There's No Place Like...












If you click your heels together the red ruby slippers will take you to... not Kansas exactly, but surely somewhere nice - California maybe?
And perhaps the sparkly silver ones could transport you to Colorado (and that's only because we're already in Idaho)
If they'd have had Carolina's size we might have been able to get to the moon.
Come to think of it... I didn't see any in MY size either. I want to go to Tasmania! Or Manitoba!!
Whaaaaaaa!!! Why didn't they have MY size?!!

These "slippers" are my solution to Dad's request that the children wear something on their feet when they come in the house. Well. Not the boys - I didn't get them anything sparkly - just went for plain ol' slip-on shoes for them.
I hunted and hunted for the perfect slipper.
Too sloppy and I knew they wouldn't keep them on their feet.
The sock kind with non-slip soles - would take too much effort to put on in a hurry.
Both versions of what I was looking for were upwards of twenty dollars. I just can't pay twenty dollars for a pair of socks! Sorry.

Ultimately the point is to keep dirt and oil from their grubby little feet off the floor and new carpets. You can imagine how often we will take pleasure in starting up the generator and hauling in an extension cord JUST to vacuum upstairs. Hm-hm.

Anyway, I determined that sparkles would be highly motivating for little girls - especially if only allowed to be worn while indoors (oooh, ahhh). I have yet to see the full fruition of my theories, but if you look closely at the picture above...
You will see the tiny fingers of one who wishes the sparkles came in HER size. In fact when the big kids are outside playing and the house gets a little quiet for having an-almost-two-year-old in it, I often find Carolina patiently pulling the vacant shoes onto her own feet.
Ahhh...
The luxuriousness of sparkly slippers!

4 comments:

Lady Jess said...

Awww, how sweet. You know, Momma Bug, I've been getting pre-tty anxious in seeing your sprouting baby belly.... *hint*hint ;)

Shauna said...

Oh, WHY didn't they have them in your size? If that's all it takes to bring you to Manitoba, I'll have to have a talk with the company!

heidi said...

oh my if I could only...
1. keep shoes on them.
2. keep clothes on them.
3. they insist on dressing themselves and it gets oh so creative... layers and layers

I'd wear those sparkly gems too. ;o) come to think of it...all my girls would.

RavenM said...

Sweet! What girl wouldn't love sparkly shoes ;-)