Sunday, February 3, 2008

Every Little Whim...




This blog is titled "every little whim" because to day I am thinking about how gracious God is to grant us those little things that aren't crucial to survival.

Today we attended church - a church that appears to be a fit for our family at this time.
It is called The Mountain, and is a "family integrated" church (meaning the whole family participates together in one service, rather than everyone going to his or her segregated classes).

In this body, there seems to be an overwhelming majority of children! All are home schooling families, and we had the opportunity to meet some fun folks today. I made a new friend via email, and met her for the first time today. She reminded me a bit of my cousin Melissa, so I expect it will be a bit difficult for her to live up to my expectations!!
The church service is two hours +, and is taught by one of several pastor/elders. All the little ones sit impressively well ( including my own, which is amazing for as little practice as we've had!)

Anyway, I am excited to find such a gathering of like-minded people so soon, and perhaps, just perhaps... some kindred spirits?

Thank You Lord! You bless us exceedingly, abundantly, above all we ask or think!

5 comments:

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Hi Analene, so glad your new church is such a good fit! Nothing ever makes me feel quite as at home in a new place as getting settled with other believers. Enjoyed your blog and am looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!
Love,

Faith Alterton

Alterton Scottish Terriers said...

Hi Analene, so glad your new church is such a good fit! Nothing ever makes me feel quite as at home in a new place as getting settled with other believers. Enjoyed your blog and am looking forward to hearing more of your adventures!
Love,

Faith Alterton

SarahJane said...

hey there friend. I am enjoying your blog. The pictures of the kiddos are great. We are getting settled in as well and are going to Chris' aunt and uncle's church. A fairly large church, but we are going to try and plug in somewhere. Is it alright if I attach your blog to mine? I have had mine for a while, but intend to blog more now that we are away.

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

Hey sis! I am sooo excited to hear about your new church!!!
Did I ever tell you that Nick and I found a church too? It sounds a whole lot like yours actually! It is brand new and we are SOOO blessed thus far to be a part of the new birth, (you might say) of this awesome church! I can not wait to hear more about your church sis!!!

Photo Momma said...

Your church sounds really neat! Do they do anything to make it more kid friendly or is it a normal church service?