Tuesday, December 28, 2010

All I want for Christmas...

I got.






















 
And really, not to gloat because I have a few dear-hearted friends that didn't get what I wanted for Christmas:
Their own Beloved.

Mine has been traveling and will be doing more yet, but he was home for our weekend.
And a Holiday it was!  We slept in, stayed in pajamas all day, played, ate lots of holiday food we love
but are now about sick to lay eyes on  =-D

The day after Christmas Zack took this picture as AJ and I headed out on a "hot date".
We suited up and took a hike in the snow around our property and then up to our neighbors house.
It was quiet (besides all my own chatter), and just beautiful!
Not as Sunny as Christmas the day before, even dropping buckets of huge snowflakes later in the day.
What a milestone that we have chiluns big enough that I can nap babies, put on a movie for big kids, and just get outside!
That's an accomplishment for me - especially alone with my wonderful guy.

This picture is mostly for Grandmas
and to prove to the children that I once existed should anything ever happen to me.
For those of you who know me not in real life, I'm actually stunningly beautiful
- nothing at all like this picture (Ahem!)
And for those who have known me since childhood... yes. I really am getting this old.

But it's a pretty good life.
I know I don't deserve it, and when the Lord takes some of the things He's been letting me borrow,
I'll try and let them go gracefully.

He has treated me like His daughter, and there are no words to express that privilege!

5 comments:

Cinnamon said...

You are absolutely beaming in the picture with your husband! What a special blessing to have alone time and be together, JUST YOU TWO!

So happy for you :-)

~Cinnamon

Diane said...

You look lovely Analene. Glad you got a bit of time with your beloved. :)

I love you,
ME

outdoor.mom said...

great pics!! all of them :-) glad you are enjoying a lot of special family time. The kids look like they had a wonderful Christmas!! Fun date!!

RavenM said...

You ARE stunningly beautiful *Ahem* in this picture!

And I'm not just saying that 'cause I'm your friend and all... ;-)

Momma Bug said...

You ARE my friend... and more :-)
Thanks sister!
I'm glad there are eyes of love to see me through :-D