Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Peeping through the window



































Peeping through the window 
is a good way to grow seeds of love for your children.
Of course, there are times when you will see things you'd rather have missed ;-)
But that's not what I'm thinking of here.

I'm not sure what Clay was working on when I spied him above.
I think he was snow-carving again with that machete of his.
But I just so enjoyed watching his industry through the window.

Unfortunately for me, I often forget to see the messes, the missing pencils found under the stove,
the scissors left out, the cat food bag left open, the door left ajar...

...as evidence of a rich life full of children.

Children being just that - children.

Last night I opened the fridge to find my post-it note pad attached to the inside of the door.
On another occasion I might have been frustrated.
Obviously this is not where I store my post-it notes!
But my son had borrowed them to create a treasure hunt for his siblings.
It's like him to be forgetful.
And it's possible he'll outgrow forgetfulness,
but regardless.
He's going to outgrow childhood,
and that,

I will miss.

So last night, that post-it note discovery made me smile.
Just like peeping through the window.
There's a lot of work to being mom,
but what a privilege!

If I can just remember that more often:




I have evidence of a rich life.


FULL

of the blessing


of children.
.
.
.
.
.

7 comments:

Diane said...

And blessed indeed you are! :)

Love to you!

Brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brenda said...

Yes, you are truely blessed. You with the family and the family with you. Watch out, because in the blink of an eye, they will be grown and raising thier own family......
Enjoy, as I know you do.

Your Texas friend,
Brenda

Marti said...

Thank you for the reminder. I too often only see the messes that trail behind them and fail to see the beauty of them and what they have created.

j said...

Your children are beautiful. Thank you for your encouragement on my blog. I will be peaking in on you. You have so many so young too. It is hard but SOOOOOO worth it. One day we will look back and laugh at all the crazy days!!!

Love
Jessica

outdoor.mom said...

you are right!! what a sweet post :-)

Momma Bug said...

Marti it's a pleasure to meet you :-)

Jessica, you have blessed me through peeks into your world. I'm glad you will slip into mine here and there.
I look forward to our friendship!

Love