Thursday, August 11, 2011

For the record

THIS... 


























...is science.


And these...


























...are scientists.

And here...


























...is a perfectly good "school" lesson.

When my son student stuck his head in the house and belted that he had something to show me,
and I came to the door and poked my head out;
when he revealed the contents of his bucket,
and my face registered surprise;
When I asked him if he'd touched it,
and he said he had (well how did you think he caught it?);
When I couldn't decide how best to act.....

That's when I said "WHERE IS YOUR MOTHER?!!!"

For what child doesn't have it drilled into their young little head by a conscientious matriarch , that
"bats carry disease"
and
"bats have sharp teeth"
and
"bats can transfer disease to you by means of their sharp teeth"  etc. etc. etc....


Oops.  I guess we haven't covered that one yet.  So after I gave him the run-down
(because it would seem I am his mother), and after I sent him to wash his hands 28 times
with soap up to his elbows,
we inspected this marvelous creature!
And invited everyone else to come take a look.
I took the opportunity to  cover the "bats have teeth" curriculum one or two more times.
(silly, paranoid mom teacher)
Good work children scholars!






4 comments:

Courtney said...

I am so glad you got a pictures :D
Now that is hands-on science! What a good teacher . .mom! Love you, Courtney

The Pauls' Family said...

Wow...good recovery :) Not sure I would have been so....calm!!!!

Kimberly Bryant said...

Too fun, Analene! Life has its own lessons, doesn't it? Greatly enjoying the log pictures too! Love, Kimberly

Tailor John said...

That's the fantastic pic story you shared. superb...