Friday, November 13, 2009

I Concede

Yes yes, you're right of course (Jennifer)... grocery shopping with any amount of little ones should be considered an Olympic sport (It sure FEELS like a workout)!
And then there's the part where even if my beloved Great Guy is not with me, or watching the crew while I shop, it invariably does my heart good to remember I HAVE OTHER OPTIONS. Some people do not. I can certainly appreciate the plight of the single mother with greater empathy!

Moral of the story though, is that the best advertisement in favor of children is a smiling momma. And that's the truth!

In case that doesn't deter "THE comments", I have thought up a new reply for the overpopulation concern. Want to hear it? O.k. here it is:

"I don't know if that's true, but if it is I sure am glad the world will be populated with MY children - I like them better than anybody else's!"

HA!

Well. It always sounds good in writing. Let me know if YOU'RE bold enough to try it ;-)
















Some of my little puzzlers working on a new 550 piece puzzle we bought yesterday.

Zack sticks to it the best...












...but Carolina likes to sit on those high-up chairs every now and again to get a better look at the progress and join in the fun too.

Personally I will be ecstatic if every piece is still there in the end! I know we STARTED with 550, but it doesn't follow that we'll END with that number:-)

4 comments:

Celee said...

I try to avoid taking all my kids to the grocery store if I can, but in a pinch I'm able to and they do great. It just takes a bit more effort. I put the younger 2 in my basket and have my middle girls get their own small baskets. My oldest son is our troubleshooter. I make sure if they're with me to only get what we absolutely need over the next coupld of weeks. And I think I usually have a smile on my face. Well, there was the time my #4 was newly #4 so took #3's place in the basket and I looked over from selecting fruit and saw my #3 mooning one of my other children. Let's just say that I found the grocery store restroom for the first time and I never saw anything like that out of one of my kids again while shopping. In fact, that was the first and last mooning in our family. So, I do bear some battle scars, but for the most part they're little angels when we're out. I wouldn't have it any other way:)

Morgan said...

I love that reply! Hilarious! I'm always surprised at the comment that I get with only 3 kids (almost 4!). Someone said to me, looking at the 3 boys, "Are they ALL yours?" I said, "Yep." But, I was thinking, "All? My goodness! What do you say to someone with a lot more?" :)

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog! You are such an encouragement to me! I love reading about you and your precious family and your love for God. I can't wait to meet you in person one day!

Anonymous said...

Okay, I LOVE that "overpopulation" comment reply! My husband has had guys at work bring up that"concern" with him (and we only have 2 children at this point- HA!). Hopefully I could be bold enough to say it; my marvelous man can't wait for his opportunity. ;-)

RavenM said...

Hahahahahaha! I love that come back. :D