Sunday, November 1, 2009

Losing Sleep and Loving It!

My dear sweet baby son...
I can't take the cuteness - he is too much fun!

These days I have more help than I've had in the past,
and as little sleep as usual.

However, I cherish this newborn time
more than ever before.

(and yes he IS still a newborn!!!
Don't argue with me - I'm a sleep deprived fanatical mother!)

I now have experience in how fast the time passes, and you tell me how long a baby boy snuggles into his mother's chest, or turns his adoring eyes in the direction of her voice?

How long does it last, this time where only momma can fix any trouble?

How long will he be wearing 0-3 month jams?

How long will daddy let his hair get before he makes me cut it?
In our family, that might not take long and then I will have to adjust to a totally different baby
- a manly looking little sucker -

So...

Since I know these things,

I now take my time nursing.
I lose my sleep because I can't bear to move my tiny guy away from my body so I can sleep without fear of smothering him.

Instead I lie awake.
Glorying in the moments I have possession of.


If it happens you notice three or more bags under each eye
don't feel badly for me.

I asked for it!


And am getting exactly what I wanted.

9 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Oh *sniff* this is so sweet!

By the way, I'd love to ask you a few questions regarding your awesome birth story with Bryce. If you're able, could you please e-mail me at steveandkatie6505(at)yahoo(dot)come?

That is, of course, if you have time... no worries if you can't get to it!

momofbugs said...

I didn't think he could get any more cute from last weeks pictures but he sure has. What a blessing! I agree there is plenty of time to sleep later.

Lady Jess said...

Awwwwww! What a great momma you've got little guy!

PUPPPsMom said...

Oh, Analene, he's so precious. Thanks for sharing him with us in pictures!!

J said...

Bryce, you are yummy. What sweet words from your Momma! The time is already passing quickly...can't believe you're 6 weeks old. And your hair! Its amazing!

Tammy (Mom to this crazy bunch) said...

Such a cute little guy! We waited for our little guy for 17 years...after a long line of girls. It has been the most blessed adventure.

RavenM said...

He's so gorgeous Analene! :) I totally get you about the whole losing sleep bit, time goes too fast.

Momma Bug said...

Tammy, I noticed that you have a passel of girls for taking car of that one little guy!
What a position of privilege:-)

It's your birthday today?
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Love,
Analene

gramsie said...

LOVE those chubby cheeks!! He has changed SO much in 2 short weeks since we saw him. Wish I could kiss those little cheeks in person!
xox