Wednesday, November 25, 2009

"Thanksgiving... Ah! THANKS for GIVING Momma back!"

He said with eyes alight and merry voice.


"Do you remember where we were last year at Thanksgiving?" I had asked the boys

"North Carolina!" was Clay's quick response.

"What happened on Thanksgiving day?"
I probed further.

Eyes turned upwards as they searched the historic archives of their memories and thought.
Suddenly light dawned!

"You came home!" said Clay,
and that's when Zachary made the above observation so simple and so sweet.

"Thanksgiving... (Ah yes!) Thanks (Lord) for giving Momma back..."


It was useless to continue after that. I couldn't see through the puddles in my eyes.
I remember too, and I bet I am more thankful than they!

For those of you who have begun to follow my blog this year, you will have missed last years excitement.

While visiting friends in North Carolina I was suddenly taken ill with a ruptured Corpus Leutium Cyst. I didn't find out that much until after emergency exploratory surgery was conducted.
While I waited in the emergency room in great pain, the medical staff was somewhat foiled in their attempts to help me because they honored our request to care for the little baby growing inside - my precious little G.R..
I didn't realize fully at that time just how dire my circumstances, but blood loss and shock painted a grim picture.

Because of the Lord's great mercy I am here today, even though we lost our precious tiny baby.
You can read our testimony HERE if you wish.

I recovered four days in the hospital, and then on Thanksgiving Day was released to my waiting family. Oh what a day that was!








I'm sure Heaven provides a better feast, and then there's face to face with Jesus - THAT would have been hard to beat! However I was (and AM so) grateful for a little more time with my beloved, and precious children.

This Thanksgiving as I read over last years posts, I am overwhelmed again. SO thankful!!!
So very very blessed.

I am the Lord's.
I am loved.




I have a darling little boy I might not have known if I had gotten the chance to meet G.R..











I have nothing but gratitude - in fact - in review of my life as it is, there is nothing to gain that could make me happier.
I have everything a girl could dream of!

Thank you dear Lord Jesus.

"Now unto Him that is able to do
exceeding abundantly above all we ask or think,
according to the power that worketh in us.
Unto Him be glory..."

Ephesians 3:20


6 comments:

Celee said...

God is so good! He is greatly to be praised! I'm glad you're still here with your family, too, but you're right- heaven will be better!

J said...

Puddles of tears is right. I am grateful too. You are right where the Lord wants you, as is G.R. Happy Thanksgiving Analene.

Diane said...

I am so thankful to our Lord that you are still here as well. I didn't get the priveledge of knowing you like I do until after your surgery. What a blessing you have been in my life. I love you so, SO much. Thank you Lord for giving us more time with Lene.

Love you Lene.

Too Many Kids In The Bathtub said...

WOW! What a story! I am glad that you are with your family! and one day you will set eyes upon your precious baby again! Blessings to you all!

RavenM said...

It's so interesting what I found today while cleaning house...a pile of cards from when I was recovering from My ordeal. I had puddles of tears of my own today.

I'm so thankful you are still with us as well dear friend. Happy Thanksgiving :)

2homeschool said...

:-) Love you.