Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I Did Something Scandalous This Evening

I introduced my children to Cotton Candy!



I never knew you could buy it in a plastic container, but Wal Mart has everything.
My brother Charlie says everything in Wal Mart is made in China (and that's why he won't buy his chicken there) so even though I didn't read the container I assume it was made in china too.

I've only had cotton candy a few times in my life. I think my dad bought some for me when we went to the Fair, so that's what and who I always think of when I see the intriguing stuff!

Daddy has been out of town this week and I like to practice my fun momma skills while he's away, hence the shot of fluffy sweet poison. You KNOW my children will remember me as "fun" for it, don't you though? What could be more interesting than being handed a big tuft of sugary pink lint that you can put in your mouth? Carolina wasn't too sure about that until she finally succumbed to peer pressure :-D

Anyway scoff if you will, but the Chinese know how to make a good batch of Cotton Candy!

(Does that mean that Fun Momma's are made in China too?)

9 comments:

Celee said...

My kids have only experienced it out with my mom. My older daughter and I can't stand it! My other kids like it, but ... gross! It makes EVERYTHING sticky!

J said...

Yep, that's scandalous indeed! :) You're adorable.

Photo Momma said...

Mmmmm, I love cotton candy. We participated in 4-H and spent the week at the fair each year to show our animals. Cotton candy reminds me of the rodeo and all the fun I had with friends and family! I have seen it for sale in stores before but haven't been able to bring myself to buy it apart from the fair experience :)

Momma Bug said...

Trust me - it was merely the experience I wanted for the kiddos. While enthralling, I don't think anyone thought it taste particularly good!
I treated five children with one quarter of a small bucket for a dollar. That was an affordable experience if you ask me!
:-)

Grace McHugh said...

My two oldest children could not believe I would allow them to have it. They were very fascinated when we saw it at the street fair. My three year old wanted it until he tasted it and spit it right out. I guess I am not feeding him enough treats. :) I love that you are being fun momma when you can. :)

gramsie said...

Oh Yes!!! Long ago childhood memories of the fair!!! Of course half the fun of cotton candy was standing there outside the booth watching the lady swirl the pink stuff onto the paper cones....magical! You will have to show the kiddos that one of these days when there is opportunity.

Jess said...

Awesome, I love cotton candy (we call it fairy floss on Aus!)

Momma Bug said...

Fairy Floss. Australians are the coolest -no two ways about it!

2homeschool said...

Haa, haa, I wish I had been there to chomp with you... Cotton candy is wonderful stuff!!! Sounds like such fun! Kiss the kids for me.