Tuesday, March 1, 2011

This is my best friend.

























 And even though I have six children under age 10 (which feels like quite a lot at times)
and even though my world often revolves around them;
and even though I am 7 months pregnant and round
which means I am slow, and tired, and sometimes emotional...
And even though there are plenty of other things tugging at his time and energy,
vying for his interest and begging for his attention...

He took time for me.
Just for me.
We went to the Mendocino coast,
talking all the way there
and back
and in between
except when we were enjoying silence together.
We went to all our favorite haunts
our "traditions" that include Chocolate at Papa Bears
and Crab Cakes at Noyo harbor.
Picking though treasure at Glass Beach in Fort Bragg
Hot clam chowder at a deli  on a back street of Mendocino.
This time we added to that
stopping at all the used book stores we could find.



















































It was wonderful!
Every moment -
and I knew I was cherished
as more than mother to 7 and supportive wife.
I am loved as friend.

11 comments:

Diane said...

Wow. How neat. I have never been to Mendocino and will have to add it to my list of places to visit.

The both of you inspire me. It touches my heart. I am SO glad you two got some alone time. So special.

Pam... said...

I love it when couples take time for just them. Love it, love it. These days so many just don't do that. I love my dates with Tom every week, my walks with him most days as I cling to him as we walk and talk. A cord of three strands is not easily broken. Way to go! yay!

Tracy said...

Beautiful!! *Sniff*

The Pauls' Family said...

Those special times with our spouse are so important. Glad you had a great time!

The Zimmerman Family said...

Aw, so glad you got some along time together! It can be hard sometimes! : ) I'm very thankful for parents-in-law who live close by and love keeping the little guys. :D

I am really wondering, though ... HOW DID I MISS THE MEMO THAT YOU'RE EXPECTING AGAIN?! I follow your blog. Regularly. I don't miss a single post. But somehow I missed this! : ) I'll wish you a very belated CONGRATULATIONS!!! ;D

I'm just over 6 months along with #3 (as I think you've seen on our blog!), and we'll soon have 3, 2 1/2 and under! :O

We were due about the same time with our last little guys (Miles is 17 months now - I think Bryce is about the same?), and it looks like we'll be pretty close once again! My due date is June 10, but they'll deliver at least 2 weeks early because of all of my "issues."

Sorry to ramble.... It's a habit of mine. : )

Have a blessed day!

~Lauren

PUPPPsMom said...

Yay! That sounds like such a wonderful time together. I think dates become more and more special the longer you are married...or maybe just the more children you have. ;) It's encouraging to me that you guys make time for one another! Inspirational! Thanks for sharing.

LindaFaye said...

Very precious. I too went there on my honeymoon. Loved the colorful beach. :)

Momma Bug said...

Lauren -
I have followed your good news with delight! THREE boys I think?
Wow. How fun!
I love boys!
Of course... I love girls too...
A very dear friend of mine has 6 boys under 9, and is expecting her first little girlie! Imagine 6?!
I am due at the end of April so you're right, we're very close again.
I wonder if I'm match you boy for boy again?
I'm looking forward to the Summer :-)

Cinnamon said...

What a wonderful time!! Such a relaxing meandering time :-)

Thanks for sharing it with us~

~Cinnamon

The Zimmerman Family said...

My mom has 6 older brothers (one is her twin, but he was still born before her), so we do seem to have boys running through the family. Of course, my mom had 4 girls with 1 boy sandwiched in the middle. : ) My poor little niece is afraid that she'll never get a little girl cousin - 4 brothers, 2 boy cousins, and 2 more boy cousins on the way ... in her eyes, it seems hopeless. ;D

I look forward to hearing of the arrival of your newest one, and yes, seeing if you welcome a little boy this time too! : )

outdoor.mom said...

oh ROMANTIC!! SUPER GREAT pic of you two :-) What an awesome babymoon!!