Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Call it School!














We made Neiman Marcus cookies yesterday. They always turn out amazing for a chocolate chip cookie, the reason we don't make them more often is that they seem to be a bit time-consuming.
These have special memories for me making them with Super Momma when we were about sixteen or so. (Have you made them since then, Super Momma?)

One of the great things about them, is that one recipe makes a lot of cookies without having to triple the batch for a big family or husb
and with a sweet tooth that brings home his bachelor friend!

Here's the recipe for any choco
late chip cookie loving person! I freeze the cookies that don't get ravaged on the first day (that would depend somewhat on how hungry that husband of yours is:-)).





















NEIMAN MARCUS Cookies


Cream together:

2 C. butter
2 C. white sugar
2 C. brown sugar

Add:

4 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla


Mix with:

4 C. flour
5 C. blended oatmeal (this is first measured, then blended in your blender. It turned out fine for me yesterday without having blended the oatmeal.)
1 tsp. salt
2 tsp baking powder

2
tsp baking soda














Add:

24 oz chocolate chips

3 C. chopped nuts of your choosing (I like pecans, almonds, or a mixture of both)
8 oz Hershey bar grated (grating this is tricky for me, but well worth the effort!)

Roll into balls, flatten slightly and place two inches apart on cookie sheet.

Bake for 10 min at 375 degrees.
Makes about 112 cookies (I don't know for sure about this one, it was a little hard to count with how fast they were disappearing!)


And... VIOLA! The Look pretty scrumptious, don't they? (The cookies, that is!;-))

4 comments:

The Diane Story said...

My oh my, you just brought back memories and now I want to make them. I can taste them in my mouth already!

I also wanted to say thank you for your comment on my children blog. I appreciate your thoughts and sharing your story with me. That was very sweet of you.

I am taking it one day at a time, some are just harder than others.

Analene you are sweet. Thanks for your thoughts!

Love you too.

Suzanne said...

The look on their faces says it all!

:) Suzanne

Audrey said...

Hey Analene,

Thanks for stopping by!

Looking at your beautiful family makes me smile.

You can see the light in their eyes!

Audrey

2homeschool said...

No, my dear I can't say that I have. Although, I don't think I had the recipe. Thank you for the recipe. I love my maple cookies, but they are starting to get a little redundant. =-)... Sorry, I haven't blogged in a while. Things have been work, work, work around here.

Love, H

You WERE shipping some of those to me RIGHT? Yumm...