Thursday, November 4, 2010

Awe... you made me blush!

"housewife in apron"

This isn't me, but I might have looked like this woman today.

I was in the grocery store with all my kiddos, eyeballing the seasonal and local beer 
and thinking of my husband who is away on business.

I miss him.

As I chose a unique looking brew and placed it in the cart, 
I said half to myself and half to the Bugletts with me:   
"Let's get this for Daddy"


Just then, a grandfatherly gentleman rounded the corner and took stock of my numerous clan.
"You have a beautiful family!"  He said.

Then with eyebrows raised and a twinkle in his eye:
"...And you buy him beer?!...
You must be the 'perfect' wife I've heard about!"


And that's when I blushed.
* '' *

7 comments:

Xenia Kathryn said...

Hehehe, hey that could be you! Cute vintage photo :)

The Zimmerman Family said...

Hahahahahaha! I won't stop laughing about this one for awhile! :D

Hehehehehe! ;D

Love the photo!

Mommy Reg said...

Awww that is so sweet, we all need those blushing moments sometimes. LOVE it. :)

JENNIFER said...

Thats so funny, I had a unique experience at the store this week too! Too funny!

Deborah said...

I love it! And I totally thought the picture at the top was you until you said otherwise. :-)

RavenM said...

Hehehehehe, how sweet :)

Momma Bug said...

See? Now I'm blushing more!

;-)