Saturday, September 19, 2009

Last Little Bit of Getting Ready

This is my beloved Great Guy, AJ.

















And how he spent his day today.
















For me.


I have been requesting some sort of co-sleeper for the baby, so our baby could sleep closer to us without being smothered. (AJ is a sound sleeper and I often pry his elbow out of my eye!)












Without a pattern and going only on my description, this is what he turned out.












Be jealous O' my friends! He really IS the best husband :-) And on the eve of our anniversary - just in time for baby!!

















Come ON Baby Bug!! We're ready for you now!

9 comments:

J said...

Awww, what a guy, that AJ! Can you fit a glass of water up there ,too??? ;) I love preparations for a new family member!!!

Thinking of you often,
J

Jess said...

That is lovely - and seeing as you are so very pregnant I shall let you continue believe you have the best husband ;)

Tracy said...

Oh how wonderful! I wish I had had one of those when my first was born almost 23 years ago!!! Mmm...maybe he should patent it. AJ and Sons could
have a nice side business, me thinks! :-)

Blessings,

Tracy (Suzanne's Dear Friend)

Cousin Kimberley said...

Congratulations on 12 years of marriage! Hope you and your crew are well!
Love & Hugs,
Kimberley & Scott

Pam... said...

What a blessing to have a carpenter husband. My dad was like that. He could do anything from Grandfather clocks, roll top desks, stained glass..
I was seeking that very bedside baby sleeper that you talked about. Could never afford the ones for sale. He did a good job!
When I need something..currently a big spice rack for above the oven..I just go out and make something out of the scraps in my husband's garage. He is busy working and fixing our cars, loving me and our children; and not a handy man! Love him anyway! Thanks for sharing!

PUPPPsMom said...

I just caught myself up on your blog (I was secretly hoping to see pictures of your new little one!!). I LOVE the co-sleeper. Nice job, AJ! What a perfect little nest for a brand new baby.

Grace McHugh said...

I love it! I do not even have a baby and want one like that next to my bed. :) Maybe we will use your pattern for our next little one. :)

Uncle and Auntie Hightower <>< said...

That is weird...I must have commented on the next one on your page, when I commented this morning.... Just checkin up...
;)

Momma Bug said...

I'm pretty sure it hasn't been patented yet:-)