Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Not My SANITY!! I NEEDThat!

I thought I was doing great to get everyone tucked into bed by 7:45.

It is 8:45 and things are still going full swing down there! I've been down to "encourage" them a dozen times, but apparently to no avail. Humph.

So much for the painting/quilting/blogging I was going to get done with a "whole" "quiet" evening to myself. (HA!) You know about Murphy's law? Well that Murphy was not a nice guy in my opinion!

I could really use a gentle reminder regarding what I signed up for here.
*It was not so I'd have more time to myself.
*It was not for peace and quiet.
*It was not so I could eat my dinner hot.
*It was not so I could get lots of sleep.
*It was not so I would look fresh and polished all day.
*It was not so I could take care of myself...

Do I need to "take care" of myself?
*Perhaps if that means having the self-discipline to go to bed earlier.
*Maybe if it entailed eating more raw fruit and veggies, and less Rocky Road Ice cream *(WHY does Rocky Road ice cream taste that much better when I'm tired and emotional?!!)
*Possibly if I prayed more - like, minute by minute!

Anyway. As it turns out, I do this Momma thing for my Lord and Master. If it were for my personal fulfillment I might have to give some real consideration to the WHY.
As it is, He gave every drop of blood for me.
Because of that, I can give my time, my peace and quiet, my hot dinners, my sleep, my appearance, my sanity... (yes, even my sanity. That's His too!)

Wow. I think I have the reminder I was looking for this evening - and it's a good thing, because it's now 9:00 and the dust hasn't settled yet.
I feel ready though for whatever needs to be done.
This night, just like every other second of my life, belongs to the Lord.
So in this (sometimes tiring) adventure of mothering, I press on not for my own satisfaction, but to His glory!! Amen and AMEN!

Zechariah 4:6b "...Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."

And here are some more reminders why I do what I do:-)












3 comments:

The Diane Story said...

Five kids and still time to blog each night. You must be doing something right Analene!

I love the pics. Your kids are adorable!

Momma Bug said...

Thank you dearest Diane:-)

I find that for myself the question is rarely "am I doing something right?"

rather:
"Am I doing the MOST IMPORTANT thing right?"

Hmmm... That's where the Holy Spirit and a sensitive heart come in.

Jenn said...

You sound so upbeat. You have a great way of putting things in perspective. I'm enjoying reading your blog!
And I must say you look way too young to have five children!